Pages

An "Off Center" Father's Day Card

Well, Father's Day snuck up on me this year.  Are you prepared?


Here's the card I made for my dad.  The front is made to look like part of a shirt and tie.  I opted for this look, because, well, the shirt and tie bit has been done before.  I wanted to change it up a bit, so I placed the "tie" off center.


 
 
Some of the layers are mounted in thin foam tape to add depth and really make it look like a tie is peeking out from under the shirt collar.
 
I used CTMH's "Later Sk8tr" patterned paper--along with Outdoor Denim, Garden Green, Lagoon, and White cardstock and ink.  I also used the "Tiny Typewriter Alphabet" from CTMH.  It might be retired by now.  If it is, and you don't have it, this stamp set is worth getting your hands on.  The font is fantastic for many different cards and I LOVE the extra shapes that come with it.  I cannot tell you just how many times I've used this stamp set--just for the tiny dot, circle, heart, etc.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by to look!
Blessings,
Brenda

4 comments:

tjhubner said...

Another great card. Really like your take on the shirt & tie. Very cleaver, Like the colors you have chosen. Great work. M

Miriam Prantner said...

I love how this turned out! What a great card, it looks spot on and I love the heart button!

Ruby Sunshine said...

This is so fun and better the the same old same old with just the tie in the middle! How fun!

Anonymous said...

Do you have a tutorial or measurements for this card? Thanks!