Pages

How to Stamp with Bleach on CTMH Paper


There are several ways to use bleach for a very unique effect on cards.  This post shows specifically how to stamp bleach on on CTMH paper.


 
 
To begin, you will need a leak-proof container, some napkins, and bleach.  I used a glass pie plate and splash-less bleach (because regular bleach tries to jump onto my clothes and is not my friend).

Pour a little bleach onto the napkins.  You don't need a whole lot--just enough to ink your stamp.


 
 
Close To My Heart paper is different than regular Michaels, Hobby Lobby, or Stampin' Up cardstock.  It will not bleach white when this technique is used.  It will, instead, simply bleach out the color that was applied on top of the paper--revealing the original color of the cardstock.
 
For this example, Sorbet ink was sponged on top of Buttercup cardstock. 
 
 
 
 
After you have sponged your cardstock with the desired ink color, ink your image with the bleach.  (I used an image from the CTMH "Treasure Life" stamp set.  I picked a stamp that more of a "solid" image, rather than a "line" image.
 
 




Stamp your image onto the sponged area.


 
 
Set the stamped paper aside to dry.  Then use it to create your paper crafting project.
 
 
Note: It is a good idea to use this technique in a bleach friendly location.  I used my kitchen island.  Also, I recommend washing the stamp and acrlyic block with warm water and a little dish soap--possibly with an old tooth brush to get into the tiny spaces and make sure all the bleach is removed.
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be sure to finish up this card and post it here soon.  :-)
 
Blessings,
Brenda

2 comments:

luv2srap said...

Another great idea. Thanks

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great technique! I love how soft and subtle it is! Can't wait to see the completed card!